Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Correctly Labeled

I stopped by the school yesterday to check out some food for my son's 1st grade class. We have 2 weeks until school starts and his teacher asked me if I could come in a check out a few snacks. I am really happy with the teacher's proactive, positive attitude about my son's peanut allergy.

All of the snacks she bought were safe. It was easy to check the labels and it made me feel great to be checking labels before school starts.

Reading food labels is just part of life for us. I read food labels every single time I shop. I read them when we are visiting friends. I read them at home. It seems like I read them everywhere. I read food labels constantly. It's just a normal part of food allergy life.

I never imagined I'd find a food label that made me laugh.

I can laugh as a food allergy mom. Sometimes, I need to laugh.

From from Peanut Allergy Mom:

8 comments:

Foursons said...

Hahaha- too cute! Glad you've got a great teacher again this year.

samantha said...

Perfect!

Unknown said...

That says it all. So glad the school year is getting off to a great proactive start!

Beth E. said...

What a hoot...too funny!

I'm a label reader, too. It's so refreshing to hear that there are teachers who have such great attitudes about food allergies and are so willing to help. That was NOT the case when our youngest son was in primary school and middle school. You are truly blessed!

Brandi said...

LOL!

Sounds like another wonderful teacher and a great year ahead! :)

Jeanne said...

Love it!! Thanks for sharing & I'm so, SO glad to hear that your son has such a considerate teacher!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is too funny. I love it.