Thursday, November 20, 2008
Thankful Thursday #63
I am tired tonight. My little girl is not feeling well (fever of 101 tonight). It may put a damper on the birthday celebration planned for Saturday. The fever just showed up tonight. I hope she gets better quickly! I have had a wonderful week. My mind is cluttered and my To Do list is long so I am having trouble thinking thankful thoughts. I am thankful for many things. So, here is a list of tonight's happy thoughts:
1. Dates: I have been on 3 dates with my husband since last Thursday. Yes- THREE. That is 3 times as many as in the last year. (But, I have not mentioned that at all- not me!) We used a babysitter for one of the dates and my parents were here for the other two. It has been so refreshing to have some time out together.
2. Rainbows: I saw 2 rainbows today. I simply love rainbows. I also love hearing both of my older boys explain (independently and at different times) what a rainbow means. They are so precious.
3. Games: My boys have been playing Connect Four and Checkers a lot this week. I am thankful to see my boys playing games together. They are enjoying each other's company and not getting overly competitive like they are when they play video games.
4. Baby Monitors: I am going to turn it up loud tonight and rest easy (well, as long as she does, that is).
5. Cupcakes: Cupcake are quite tasty! I am thankful for the cupcake that Elisabeth devoured on her birthday. I really enjoyed watching her enjoy it.
6. Starbucks Gingersnap Lattes: I do not like the name change. I do not like the Ginger "crystals" they put in it. I am thankful that without the fancy name and the ginger crystals, it is my favorite Gingerbread Latte.
7. Hugs: My 7 year-old has been giving me lots of extra hugs lately. He has figured out that I always smile (no matter what craziness is going on in the house) when he hugs me. I love his hugs!
8. Time with my parents: I am thankful for my mom and dad. I am glad they are visiting. I learn from them. I love them. I laugh with them. I am thankful for this time we are spending together.
9. Mentors: I have been thinking about people in my life that have had an influence on me. I have been thinking about "mentor moms" at MOPS and the influence they have (just got an email from a MM I miss). I have been thinking about how I just became a part of a mentor program at my church. I am thankful for the mentoring and being mentor.