In so many ways this week has felt uneventful. At first, I wasn't sure where to start my Thursday Thanks Tank. And, then, I remembered the reason I started this weekly exercise. There are so many little blessings in each day. It is the little things that I tend to overlook. It is the little happy moments that I often fail to appreciate. So, here are some small but significant things that made me happy this week.
1. Games: I played a Pirate board game with Jonathan and David this week. It was at a totally inconvenient time and I was very resistant to the idea. But, I gave in and got a lot of joy out of playing with them (much more than I would have if I have kept working on my 'to do' list).
2. Clean Bathrooms: In a house with 4 boys, clean bathrooms are an exceptional joy.
3. Jumper Cables and Kind Strangers: My car wouldn't start. I was at a friend's house but she had to get to a meeting. Her neighbor came out and helped us jump my car. I was thankful for the jumper cables, my car starting, not making my friend miss her appointment, and the kind man that helped us out.
4. Sweet Things my Kids Say: This week I had an unexpected conversation with David about Heaven. It was a great discussion. He had a lot of questions and I answered as best I could. The conversation ended on this note: "I want to go to heaven so I can see how BIG Jesus is!"
5. Water: I have been drinking a lot of water lately. It seems I just cannot get enough. The more I drink the thirstier I seem to be. I am thankful for how water is helping my body (I had a sierra mist last night and it tasted so sugary!).
6. Bubble Baths: Sometimes nothing helps take away the stress of a headache like a nice hot bath.
7. Pre-made coffee: I am thankful that each morning the coffee is already made for me in the coffee pot. I am thankful for the coffee and for the man that makes it for me.
8. Laughing with my husband: Oh, I am thankful for moments where my husband and I just laugh. Sometimes you just have to laugh.
9. Sunbutter: I am so, so thankful for this Sunbutter. Not only does it make a good substitute for Peanut Butter (which we cannot have in our peanut free home) but it also tastes wonderful. Most importantly, it is David's favorite sandwich--he prefers it over everything else.
Don't forget to be thankful this week! If you get a chance, make your own list of how your "Thanks Tank" is being filled. Also, check out Pam’s List at Without Fear and Carmen’s List. I find that reading other people's thankful thoughts only helps me in my quest to be thankful!
**Update: Check out Kim’s Thanks Tank list. It's wonderful- thanks for taking the time to share your thankful thoughts!