Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday Thanks Tank

In so many ways this week has felt uneventful. At first, I wasn't sure where to start my Thursday Thanks Tank. And, then, I remembered the reason I started this weekly exercise. There are so many little blessings in each day. It is the little things that I tend to overlook. It is the little happy moments that I often fail to appreciate. So, here are some small but significant things that made me happy this week.

1. Games: I played a Pirate board game with Jonathan and David this week. It was at a totally inconvenient time and I was very resistant to the idea. But, I gave in and got a lot of joy out of playing with them (much more than I would have if I have kept working on my 'to do' list).
2. Clean Bathrooms: In a house with 4 boys, clean bathrooms are an exceptional joy.
3. Jumper Cables and Kind Strangers: My car wouldn't start. I was at a friend's house but she had to get to a meeting. Her neighbor came out and helped us jump my car. I was thankful for the jumper cables, my car starting, not making my friend miss her appointment, and the kind man that helped us out.
4. Sweet Things my Kids Say: This week I had an unexpected conversation with David about Heaven. It was a great discussion. He had a lot of questions and I answered as best I could. The conversation ended on this note: "I want to go to heaven so I can see how BIG Jesus is!"
5. Water: I have been drinking a lot of water lately. It seems I just cannot get enough. The more I drink the thirstier I seem to be. I am thankful for how water is helping my body (I had a sierra mist last night and it tasted so sugary!).
6. Bubble Baths: Sometimes nothing helps take away the stress of a headache like a nice hot bath.
7. Pre-made coffee: I am thankful that each morning the coffee is already made for me in the coffee pot. I am thankful for the coffee and for the man that makes it for me.
8. Laughing with my husband: Oh, I am thankful for moments where my husband and I just laugh. Sometimes you just have to laugh.
9. Sunbutter: I am so, so thankful for this Sunbutter. Not only does it make a good substitute for Peanut Butter (which we cannot have in our peanut free home) but it also tastes wonderful. Most importantly, it is David's favorite sandwich--he prefers it over everything else.

Don't forget to be thankful this week! If you get a chance, make your own list of how your "Thanks Tank" is being filled. Also, check out Pam’s List at Without Fear and Carmen’s List. I find that reading other people's thankful thoughts only helps me in my quest to be thankful!

**Update: Check out Kim’s Thanks Tank list. It's wonderful- thanks for taking the time to share your thankful thoughts!

4 comments:

John and Carrie said...

water--Your thirstiness is probably from breastfeeding. The most thirsty times in my life are the months I breastfed--so much more than when I was pregnant. Often when I breastfeed, I can feel my mouth getting drier and drier (getting more and more thirsty). And water does make a huge difference in breastfeeding.

Carmom said...

Wow, I didn't know there was an alternative to peanut butter. I will have to pass this information along to a frend of mine. See if she knew about Sunbutter. Thanks for sharing your Thankful Thoughts!!

Kimberly said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm thankful for sunbutter too! We don't have any peanut allergies at our home but I'm not a huge peanut butter fan. Sunbutter on the other hand is something I crave. Lately I've been eating it with pretzels! I LOVE IT AND SO DOES ANAH! My 4lb. tub that I got just before Christmas is almost gone already!!! Thanks for my first sunbutter experience!

Anonymous said...

Two comments:

1.) What's a clean bathroom?

2.) Can David have cashew butter? It's my favorite. And, with cashews being a legume and not a nut, it might also be a good backup plan, and easier to find, than Sunbutter. Cashew butter tastes better cold than room temp.

Kristen