Thursday, August 18, 2011
Thursday Thanks Tank #162
Each Thursday I try to make a list of my thankful thoughts. Sometimes I jot it down on paper, sometimes I share that list here, and other times I just highlight one or two things that I am thankful for. This is my Thursday Thanks Tank...
I spent the day thinking about what makes me smile. And then, the day got away from me.
I am thankful for:
- Being a complete family. I've done separation a few times due to military assignments. This last separation was job related. It feels so good to be a family day in and day out. I love how complete it feels.
- Coaches. It's interesting how a good coach can have a great impact on a kid. All three of my boys have good soccer coaches. It's great to see them work hard and try their best because they want to please their coach. I'm thankful for coaches and the volunteer hours they put in.
- Air conditioning. The A/C in the van is still out. My husband is sweet to drive it. In the meantime, I'm still loving driving his truck. I also love the air conditioning in our home.
- Cool nights. The nights are just perfect. They are cool enough to leave the windows open overnight. Sleeping to the sounds of the outdoors (crickets instead of frogs!) is something I missed. (We couldn't really manage that much in the NW because my son's allergies were so bad. He is doing wonderful here.
- Changed Attitude. I'm excited about school starting. This is a big switch. Last week I had a really bad attitude. Not sure why I was so surprised, but I have some work to do at the new school to keep my food allergic kid safe. I had a wonderful talk with a nurse that's in the district and now I am looking forward to doing all I can to make the school a safe place for kids with food allergies.
- This: "I love you even when I am grumpy." My daughter has said that twice to me this week. I melted both times. (She's three. She can do grumpy quite well.)
- Outside lights. The lady that we are renting the house from left some decorative outside lights for us to enjoy. They hang in the trees in our backyard. They are set on a timer. It's a simple pleasure but I love them.
- The patio. We have a covered patio. Every morning I get my coffee and sit on the patio. It's cool in the morning. The sun is just coming over the hills. The wind blows and leaves rustle. I watch the birds eat plumbs off the plumb tree or play in the bird bath. I admire the flowers. This is my peaceful place. It is brings me joy... so much so that I wake myself up early (who am I kidding? I get my husband to wake me up) so that I can enjoy it before the kids wake up. I am thankful -oh so thankful- for this peaceful spot.
Those are my thankful thoughts tonight.
Life is good. We are still in the middle of transition- lots of boxes yet to unpack- but we are happy.