Thursday, August 04, 2011
Thursday Thanks Tank #160
Each Thursday I try to make a list of my thankful thoughts. Sometimes I jot it down on paper, sometimes I share that list here, and other times I just highlight one or two things that I am thankful for. This is my Thursday Thanks Tank.
I had a thankful post all planned out in my mind yesterday. And then today happened and I am not feeling all that thankful. I suppose that's just the way it goes sometimes.
I am thankful:
1. Tomorrow is Friday.
2. My friend, Kim, is passing through town and visiting me this weekend.
3. I found a sweet dress on sale at gymboree. My daughter so needed that dress.
4. My husband took the kids out to shop and gave me a night to myself. (That was last night. It was wonderful.)
5. I get looks of admiration (is that what it is?) from guys when I am driving my husband's GMC Sierra truck. (And then they see all of the kids pile out of the truck... oh well.)
6. My friend, Kim, is passing through town and visiting me this weekend. Did I mention she will get here tomorrow?
7. My husband is making a grocery list (yep, right now - company tomorrow). He's taking care of the food this weekend.
8. Air conditioning in the truck. (Yep, van a/c is still not working.)
9. New books to read. I am going to enjoy belonging to a library system with 12 libraries within it.
10. Starbucks. Oh why not be thankful for it? I know it isn't the first time. Today was a good Starbucks day. Two words: Treat receipt.
11. My kids. They are super cute. And they were well-behaved at the library. Usually library trips with my 4 kids are stressful (they are not good at quiet) but this time it was wonderful.
12. Cake. My husband's making a cake tomorrow night. He's planning it out now. It might be a birthday cake... and it sounds so good right now.
Turns out this was the perfect thing to do tonight. It helped me refocus.
Take time to be thankful. It's time well-spent!