Friday, August 26, 2011

Angry Birds

Yesterday morning, I was reading about planning school lunches and I found something that made me jump up and run into the kitchen. I had all of the ingredients to make a lunch that would make my kids smile.

I decided we'd have lunch for breakfast and that I'd keep it a secret until I finished the sandwiches.

Angry Bird Sandwiches
Circle sandwiches with sunbutter (or peanut butter) in the middle and jelly on top. Add marshmallows, raisins, and oranges to make a mean angry bird face.


I added fruit, cheese, and pepperoni as sides. I called the kids to the table and told said,

"I am angry summer break is almost over."



Their expressions were priceless.


The kids gobbled them up with vigor.
All except for one, he was intent on making his bird crazy angry.

His masterpiece was grand.

He was just a little proud of his wild bird.


I'm linking up with Ann Kroeker's Food on Fridays.

6 comments:

Seth said...

Awesome

Pam said...

So, so cool! Their expressions were fabulous! Especially loved the wild bird. : ) Have a great weekend, Jane Anne.

Cinderella said...

That is really cute! I want pancakes at your house for breakfast:)

Have a great Saturday Jane Anne.

sharon said...

I'm in the dark ages as far as technology goes, so I've never actually seen Angry Birds, but I've heard of it. LOVE the sandwiches, the expressions and your enthusiasm to do fun things for your kids!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

That is so cute Jane Anne! Your kids look so happy! My 10 yr. old would love this too! Have a wonderful Sunday! Angie xo

Elizabeth, blogging for SunButter said...

Hello, these are WONDERFUL! I've been looking for something really special for the first day of school lunch, and can't WAIT to make these : )
(Plus since I blog for SunButter I love the adaptation.)
Thanks for the inspiration!