Thursday, December 23, 2010

A sweet reunion (TTT 147)

This past weekend, I saw my younger sister and her family.

I had not seen my sister in 7 years.
I had not met my niece and nephew.
My sister had not met 2 of my 4 kids.
Our kids had not met each other.

Our visit was amazing. What a sweet reunion!

I thought I would cry when I saw her. Instead, I was just beaming. I could not stop smiling.

I am tremendously thankful that we could work out our schedules to see each other. My sister's husband is a pilot in the Air Force. He is basically on-call for the Air Force. He was one of 6 pilots in his squadron to win the "Christmas lottery." That gave him time off and the ability to travel.

This visit is what I am thankful for this Thursday. This is my Thursday Thanks Tank.








7 comments:

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Wow, 7 years?! I'm so glad you got to reconnect!

Foursons said...

So happy for you! Merry Christmas indeed!

Foursons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Foursons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Foursons said...

Sorry, the word verification went nuts.

Amy Jo said...

AAAHHHH! So glad that you were able to coordinate a visit finally. So happy for you.

Linda said...

Four years IS a very long time. I am so happy that you were able to finally see each other. Have a great time and Merry Christmas.