Sunday, December 05, 2010

Facebook, Perspective and Prayers

I've been in a bad mood all day. I've had a headache, been down-right grumpy, and had to take care of four energetic and loud children. I've missed my husband. I've missed his help. I've cried due to exhaustion and loneliness. I've felt frustration because I am doing this and feeling this again.

~Backtrack with me to first thing this morning.~

I read a status on Facebook that simply said, "Bad day."

I stopped reading. I couldn't scan statuses any more.
I was stunned, curious, and concerned.

The author of the status, my friend Trent, is deployed with the Army. I left a comment that I was praying. And, I prayed.

Not very long ago, he updated his status:
"Thanks for all the prayers...pray for the families effected. They just had the worst day of their life."

I ache for my friend Trent. I ache for those families.
They've been waiting.
They've been lonely. And now...


Please pray.

5 comments:

John and Carrie said...

speechless, but thank you for sharing this post.

Amy Jo said...

Praying...

Foursons said...

Oh no. How very horrible. I'm so sorry.

sharon said...

thanks for sharing. thanks for the perspective. I'm praying.

He & Me + 3 said...

I will pray. Hope that you are feeling better too. I have had many of those days.