Thursday, January 21, 2010

"Allergies are Nothing to Sneeze At"

Several blog friends of mine posted that Dr. Oz did a segment on Food Allergies on Thursday. I have to admit, I had never watched Dr. Oz before.

I watched his video. I cringed. I laughed. I teared up.

Dr. Oz illustrates what an allergic reaction feels like to someone with a life threatening food allergy. He also demonstrates how to use an Epipen.

The video is informative. It was good for me and I am an "allergy mom". The Epipen portion was a fantastic reminder to me that I can (and should) use the Epipen in a controlled (calm as possible) way.

Please take a few minutes (about 5) to watch the video.

For people I don't know in real life- you never know when this information might come in handy.

For those that know my son... watch the video. I appreciate it.

[Click on the image below. It is a link to the video.]



"When food is involved, allergies are nothing to sneeze at." Dr Oz

This post is linked to Ann Kroeker's Food on Friday Blog Carnival. Hop over there to check out other food related posts.

7 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Jane Anne,
Just wanted to let you know that I also linked this post over at my blog on WEGO Health: http://community.wegohealth.com/profiles/blogs/food-allergy-advocates-what?xg_source=activity

Would love it if you'd add any suggestions that you may have!

Janeen

Trisha said...

Thanks for this... I passed it along to my family. So interesting!

Unknown said...

I tried to watch the video but it won't play for me. . . I will keep trying!

Beth E. said...

I'm passing this along to my son, Bo. He's our son with allergies and is in college now. He carries an Epi pen with him wherever he goes.

Thanks, Jane Anne!

Foursons said...

Dr. Oz' looks creep me out. How shallow am I? hahaha

Grace said...

I saw this episode and I say, it was really very helpful because I have problems with allergies, too. :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Thanks for sharing this. my girls have nut allergies too.