Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday Thanks Tank #52


I am thankful for:
1. Friends that Travel: We had some wonderful friends visit us this past weekend. I am still thinking about how much fun it was to be with them.
2.Encouragement: I appreciate the encouragement I have been getting lately. My husband has encouraged me. My Monday Moms group has encouraged me. My Dad has encouraged me. My sister has encouraged me. It is wonderful to receive encouragement in what ever form: emails, phone calls or conversation.
3.Clean Clutter Corner: I have this one space on my counter right next to my refrigerator where clutter accumulates. I tackled the clutter pile today and the corner is clean!
4.Today’s “Simple Mom” post: I enjoy this blog from time to time but today’s post hit me right where I needed it—it got right to my heart. I needed a reminder to ENJOY my job!
5. Hearing my 7 year old claim he followed a Bible Verse and agreeing with him: Yesterday Jonathan said he and his brothers were following Psalm 133:1 (a verse he is learning at church). It was “good” and VERY “pleasant” to be able to agree with him!
6. Homemade Pizzas: We have been making our own pizza’s lately. I think it has been once a week! Sometimes we make our own crust and other times (like tonight), I use the Pillsbury Pizza Crust that you just roll out and bake. I just love pizza!
7. My new cell Phone: I am really enjoying the new phone my husband got me for my birthday.
8. Baby Girl Dresses and Kisses: I gotta tell ya, Elisabeth is sweet in dresses! She has been "kissing" today. She puckers up and sucks her lip until she makes a kissing sound. It is so adorable! I just love it.

Alright, time for my pizza to come out of the oven! I hope the rest of your Thursday is great and that you take time to be thankful.

4 comments:

John and Carrie said...

Too funny! We had homemade pizza tonight too!

Debra Kaye said...

Psalm 100:4 "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with priase. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name"

Jane Anne...we have so much to be thankful for! I too have a kitchen clutter corner that must be tackled from time to time.

God bless you!

Carmom said...

We love pizzas too! We've been making homemade pizzas for a while now. I usually buy the store bought thin crust pizzas or the personal size. The kids love being able put put on their own toppings.
Kitchen clutter can be such a pain. It does feel good to get rid of it doesn't it!?!
Have a great week.

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing your "thanks"! Thank you also for the sweet comment you left on my blog! Do you have any interest anymore in cards? I know it's a lot with kids and I'm sure even harder with 4! I'm sure you make beautiful cards!!