Here are 35 things I have discovered during the last year:
1. I can survive without regular trips to Starbucks.
2. I accomplish more being weak and in prayer than being strong and determined.
3. In a small town, going across town is considered a long way.
4. Distance cannot stop Friendships.
5. Fields can be beautiful.
6. It is fun showing the boys “girly stuff” for Elisabeth.
7. Txt msging is fun.
8. I realized (yet again) that giving birth is different each time.
9. It makes me happy to see dolls in my house.
10. Loosing a pet is hard.
11. Riding my bike is refreshing to my soul and great for my body.
12. I enjoy playing the Wii even though I lose to most everyone I play.
13. It is exceptionally nice that my husband doesn’t have PT every morning.
14. I don’t realize the impact I have on other people.
15. I love trying new recipes.
16. I like having cut grass more than I hate having to cut it.
17. I enjoy making school lunches for my son.
18. Cost Co is absolutely worth it.
19. Heath Bars are my favorite candy bars.
20. I have to be unapologetic about being vocal about David allergy.
21. I don’t want my daughter to wear UT Orange.
22. I am a “peacemaker” (according to 2 separate personality tests that I took with 2 unassociated groups of people).
23. Some people have a very incorrect perception of me.
24. Giving my kids individual attention is as beneficial to me as it is to them.
25. I was not wrong about how happy air conditioning makes me.
26. I can sing along to “Feelin’ Good Again” without realizing it.
27. Keeping my bedroom clean is a wonderful priority.
28. I don’t like the idea of a frog loose in my house.
29. I don’t miss traffic jams.
30. Having to take a Driver’s License written exam makes me nervous.
31. Three major life changes (my husband changing careers, moving, and having a baby) created unlimited opportunity for growth as a individual and in my marriage.
32. I miss having Krispy Kreme doughnuts and it is hard to explain to a 4 year-old that we can’t just hop in the car and head to the
”doughnut place” (that is 2 hours away).
33. It is hard to have my bedroom on the same floor as the living room when it is Saturday morning and I am trying to sleep in.
34. The gift of “cleaning the house” for Mother’s Day is a beautiful and thoughtful gift.
35. I hate making resolutions but I love setting goals.