Thursday, January 09, 2014

Thursday Thanks Tank #200

Well, this #200 Thanks Tank has been a long time coming.


Today I am thankful for my brother-in-law, Josh.

I most certainly met Josh in Kindergarten. It's possible we met at church before that but I can't remember that far back. Besides, I have a picture from Kindergarten:

Weren't we cute? It's hard to imagine that I was sharing crayons with my future husband's brother. 

We were also in 1st grade together. (The picture says 2nd grade but so does the next year's picture. They mislabeled this one- or I skipped first grade and repeated 2nd grade twice.)

We went through school together. We went to the same church. We went to youth group together and on youth church trips. 

In fact, it wasn't until I was a senior in high school that I noticed his little brother. 

A week ago, Josh almost died. He suffered a pulmonary embolism and he has been in ICU all week.
While he isn't awake yet, he is improving every day.

I am thankful that Josh is alive- So very, very thankful.
I am thankful that his parents (my in-laws) drove out to see him when they heard he wasn't well. They literally saved his life by being there and calling for an ambulance. They drove from TN to CO because they felt like they needed to be there. They were so right.
I am thankful for Josh being such a great dad to his boys (age 12, 10, and 7). He is essentially a single dad. While he shares custody with his ex-wife, he has the boys M-F. He is such an involved, caring dad.
I am thankful for Josh being a good big brother to my husband and their other 3 siblings. I love listening to family stories. Those kids had a lot of fun growing up together.
I am thankful for the doctors that have been working and with Josh.
I am thankful for the nurses who have been taking care of Josh.
I am thankful that my husband and his other 3 siblings could all travel to be with Josh.
I am thankful for the many people who are praying for Josh.
I am thankful for the prayer. So many people are praying for Josh. I pray longingly and with deep heartache but I have to say, I am touched by the simple, sweet prayers that my children offer each night for Josh.
I am thankful for Josh.
I am so very thankful he is alive. If you will, be praying for him

No comments: