Wednesday, January 01, 2014

A New Year. A New Day. A New Song

Last night, I had a festive family celebration planned for New Year's Eve. But in the middle of the family movie we were watching, we received word that my husband's brother was in the ICU and had two pulmonary embolisms. My children were laughing and giddy. My husband's eyes were intermittently filling with tears. It was surreal. Somehow, we managed to let the kids stay up late and countdown the final countdown to the new year. I got the kids in bed while my husband communicated with family back east.

I do not know what this year holds. A new year. Full of promise. Full of unknowns.

I was reminded that I do not know what tomorrow holds. A new day. Full of unknowns.

I have many wishes and desires for this 2014 year.
But today my heart is full of concern for my family. I am prayerful that my brother-in-law will pull through and heal. I am praying for my husband who left to be with the family. I am praying for my mom-in-law and father-in-law and sister-in-law and other brothers-in-law. I am longing for this to be over and for everything to be alright. I am hoping. I am praying.

I have hope.
I am trying to be patient and the only way I know to do that is to continue in constant prayer.
Romans 12:12 12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

 A new year has come. This year, I am going to give God the glory for everything good in my life. Like hope. And prayer. And family.
I am going to be authentic, open, and real with everyone as I consistently fill my days with thanksgiving. I will sing a new song.

Psalm 96:1-2
 Sing to the Lord a new song;
    sing to the Lord, all the earth.
Sing to the Lord, praise his name;
    proclaim his salvation day after day.

1 comment:

Foursons said...

So sorry to hear this Jane. I pray for peace and comfort beyond understanding for all of you who are worried and I pray for knowledge and wisdom for the doctors and nurses who are caring for your BIL.