Thursday, May 05, 2011

Thursday Thanks Tank #154



It's still Thursday... just barely.

It seems I've gotten away from this exercise and blogging in general. I'm not sure why that's happened. Maybe single parenting is keeping me too busy... or it's all of that activity. Yes, I am pretty much living the blog (ie, gravity of motion). I laugh because a friend of mine seems convinced I have nothing to do since I am not working and only have one one child at home during the day... bah, ha, ha...

Anyway, here are some things that I am thankful for this week:

1. My parents. I am thankful they came all the way across the country to visit us. We had a great visit. I wish we lived closer. I am thankful for the love we share.

2. My Mom. I gave my mom the perfect mother's day card. It said something to this affect: "Hey Mom, remember all of those things you told me when I was younger? Can you repeat them? I think I'll get it now." I laughed out loud. My mom is a special lady. We don't always have the same outlook but she keeps me grounded. I love her for that.

3. Book Club. I love book club night. I meet with a bunch of women that I only see on book club night. (Not my normal peeps) It is fabulous. Such a diverse group! I love our discussions. I love having a night off with friends. This month we read "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave.

4. Summer. We will be back together as a family this summer. I am ready to give up on single parenting. I am thankful that summer is almost here... just a few more months (my kids have school until June).

5. Chocolate. Really? Yes, really.

6. Friday. Remember this? I'm ready to have all of my little men home. I cannot wait to hear about how much fun my son had at camp.

7. My computer. Without this little conduit of technology I wouldn't be able to blog, facebook, or work on my latest PTO project... hmmm... well, anyway, the laptop is convenient and helpful.

8. One last thing... just about 1 week until the big event:

1 comment:

thankful single parenting said...

Glad to see your list of things to be thankful for - mine would be pretty similar, except I'd substitute chocolate for pizza!