Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday Thanks Tank #153



Today I am thankful for:

1. Sanity. I feel like I am lucky to still have mine.
2. Teachers. I am amazed at what they do each day.
3. Businesses that support schools. I guess I probably had this one last week. I've been busy collecting donations for our school's upcoming fundraiser.
4. Supportive Parents. My parents are fantastic. Faced with disappointment, they still support and encourage.
5. My husband's job. I'm not sure where it is taking us. I am thankful that he has a good job.
6. Flexibility. In the last 3 weeks, I have been given serious thought to three possible locations where my family might end up. As each door closes, there's a new opportunity waiting.
7. Clothes. I am a little (read that as a heckuva lot) behind on laundry. I am thankful for clothes.
8. Being available. I am too busy. I have too much on my plate. I am thankful that this week, when called on to help someone, I made myself available.
9. Honesty. One of my kids came home today quite distraught. Turns out he got in trouble at school. He shared it with me because he wanted to- not because the teacher made him. That was a beautiful moment of honesty.
10. Skype. I've been skyping with my husband this week. I'd prefer to be together but skyping is sweet when you are apart.
11. Mentors. A sweet friend passed away today. She will be missed by many.
12. Space. I am finding more and more of it as I clean out. It's so refreshing.
13. Grace. I've been given grace this week by friends, by my kids, and by God. I am very thankful.

Take time to be thankful today. You will be glad that you did.

1 comment:

Foursons said...

Some days I don't think I have an ounce of sanity left.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hate when life brings those hard moments to us.

Glad you're able to Skype w/hubby. How long until y'all are back together again?