Thursday, September 30, 2010

A New Day (TTT143)

Yesterday was insane. I woke up at 7. I was supposed to get up at 6. School starts at 7:50. My house was a scene of mayhem. I was surprised and relieved when I managed to get the kids to school on time.

Wednesdays are early release days. I told the kids on Tuesday that they would have to clean their room on Wednesday. It should have taken 30 minutes tops. It was a long afternoon. They started at 1. There were bouts of wrestling (not the playful kind), crying and tattling on each other. At 4, I told them that they had until 5 to finish the room or else there'd be a punishment. Motivation and determination followed my speech and they finished by 4:30.

Last night was Back-to-School Night. All 3 boys were excited about me visiting their classroom. It was insane. I had to make it to 3 classrooms (with an extra speech for the 4th graders in the cafeteria) in an hour. We made classroom fly-bys. I didn't get much out of it but the kids were happy I made to it each of their classes.

After the kids got in bed, I tried to relax. But, something happened and I ended up in tears.

Pure exhaustion.

And then I had to do the dishes.

It was one of those days.

But, ya know, I woke up this morning ready to face a new day.

"Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentations 3:22-24

I am thankful for today.

I'm focusing on the little joys of my day today:
  • listening to my boys laugh at breakfast
  • coffee
  • a great talk with a friend
  • laughing at and with my daughter
and on and on the list will grow as I go through my day...

Have a great Thursday and take time to appreciate how you've been blessed.



4 comments:

Linda said...

Thank you Jane Anne, I needed to be remind that I need to wait for the Lord. Great is my faithfulness.

Missy said...

I hope you were able to add many more things to your list. We all have those days.

RLR said...

"But, ya know, I woke up this morning ready to face a new day."

Ahhhh.... Thanks so much for the reminder!

You are often in my thoughts!

Salty Mom said...

Hope you don't have anymore of those days for a while. You really have more to do than one person can do.