Thursday, September 09, 2010

Thursday Thanks Tank #141


I'm listening to the sound of two rambunctious super heroes fight bad guys. It's loud here. There's also a little girl chasing them saying, "Wait for me guys!" and "What about me, boys?" My house is full of sound effects and flying nerf bullets. I am safe. I am smiling. It's wonderful.

The first thing I am thankful for this Thursday is: Imagination.

I am also thankful for:

1. Rainbows.
2. Friends that call just to say hi.
3. A friend that watched my kids so I could be in my son's class the first day of school
4. Peace that I am making good (albeit hard) decisions
5. Exercise
6. Sleep
7. New recipes
8. Friends that are taking my oldest to and from soccer practice
9. College football season
10. My new calendar
11. A great first 2 days of school for my oldest 2 kids
12. My IPOD
13. My babysitter being available last minute when I needed her
14. Emails

This is just little glimpse of my thankful heart. I am thankful for much, much more. I am sure you have much to be thankful for, too. Take time to appreciate the big and small things in your life. You will benefit from it.

4 comments:

RLR said...

141 TTT posts! I am thankful that you post these for us to read. I have not picked back up with TTT, but reading your list is always a nice reminder to me to spend a few moments reflecting. This week, I am thankful for my husband. He's juggling schedules with me and wrangling kids two nights a week so I can participate in a 5K training program. I'm crazy excited about it - or maybe just crazy -but I couldn't do it without him!

Mimi said...

Great post. I may have to join in these.

Hugs & love,
Mimi

sharon said...

It makes me smile so much to hear how your friends are taking care of you right now!!

Missy said...

I am so glad you are getting so much support and help during these times. praying for your family.