Thursday, May 28, 2009
Thursday Thanks Tank #89
This week has been busy- busier than I would like. The boys are at the end of some activities (preschool, swimming lessons) and the beginning of others (T-ball and Coach Pitch baseball). We didn't recognize how busy we would be this week. Thursday is promising to be a busy day. I will spend my day (in between the crazy choas of activity) being thankful. I hope you take time to do the same.
Topping my Thanks list this week is (no surprise here)...
1. David's was okay not long after his allergic reaction. I am keenly aware that it could have been worse.
I am also thankful...
2. I am slowly and surely working through my emotions related to David's allergic reaction. Thank you to those of you that have kept me on your heart and in your prayers.
3. I am thankful that my little girl does not throw fits very often. She has been throwing a few fits lately. Here's a short clip.
4. I am thankful for the incredible experience David had at preschool. (His preschool graduation was last night.) His teachers were wonderful. They taught him, nurtured him and protected him. I am thankful they were so understanding and accommodating with regards to his allergy.
Here he is showing off his "All About Me" book.
5. I am thankful for baking. I made a bunch of goodies for David's graduation and I really enjoyed baking. I tried out 2 new recipes. (They were DE-li-cious! I may post the recipes tomorrow so stop by.)
6. I am thankful for my husband. I could go on and on here but... I don't want to make you think I am cheesy. Trust me, I am happy with my man. Here he is with my daughter last night at the reception.
7. I am thankful for sunshine. It has been beautiful here. I have almost forgotten what the rainy northwest is like. Almost.
8. I am thankful for holiday weekends. We had a great weekend. We spent time with friends. We celebrated a birthday. We hung out around a bonfire (and made s'mores). We spent an afternoon watching the kids act crazy (play on a trampoline, slip n' slide, and pool). We laughed. We played. We took it easy. It was very nice.
9. I am thankful that this week I rediscovered my love of bike riding and roller-blading.
10. I am thankful for my favorite people. Here's a picture of them when we celebrated my husband's birthday. (Oh ya, the #1 candle was the only candle I could find. Seth said it was a perfect candle for TN so I let him have his moment.)
Take a moment today to be thankful for your blessings. There's no denying it, you have a lot that you can appreciate.