Thursday, June 26, 2008
Thankful Thursday #45
Here are my thankful thoughts on this Thursday night:
1. Solitude: I have taken the opportunity to steal moments to myself this week. Whether it is getting out and about by myself, taking a walk, or just sitting on the patio drinking a cup of coffee, solitude refreshes me.
2. Wildflowers: I am thankful for the beauty of flowers growing in the fields.
3. Lists: I have been getting tremendous satisfaction in list making this week. It is wonderful to check items off and be able to recognize that I am accomplishing something.
4. Communication: I am especially thankful for being able talk to my husband. We have been brainstorming and planning together lately and I really appreciate it.
5. Relaxed Summer Nights: After dinner we sat outside as a family and enjoyed some popsicles. It was a gorgeous night but more importantly, it was priceless family time.
6. Nature: I enjoyed a cup of coffee on the patio this morning before the kids got up. I recognized that Nature nurtures my soul. It calms, revives and refreshes me (and improves my mood when I wake up grumpy). What’s more, it cultivates my thankful heart in such simple ways. This morning I was thankful for the rustling leaves, the sound of the birds chirping, and the beauty of the sky (Psalm 19:1).
7. My children: I am so thankful for the 4 amazing gifts God gave me. I could have never imagined my heart would be so full from a house full of noisy children.
These thankful thoughts are just a sampling of what’s blessing me. Be grateful! There are blessings all around you.