Thursday, June 12, 2008
Thankful Thursday #43
Here are some things that are filling up my Thanks Tank this week:
1. Fresh Air: It has been so cool here in the NW! We have had cloudy, rainy days this past week but I made sure to at least step outside and breathe some fresh air. Starting today it is supposed to warm up and I am very excited. Our highs are going to get in the mid 70s!! I am thankful for this “heat wave”.
2. Snail Mail: I got an encouraging card in the mail this week and it was a blessing. I love getting mail in my mailbox. When I think about it, the US PO system amazes me.
3. Pictures: I love pictures of my kids. I was trying to locate some specific pictures yesterday and I had so much fun going through my family pictures. My pictures are treasures to me.
4. 3 year olds: As I watched my three year old walk in the bathroom with a toy and dry it off, I couldn't help but smile. He is very concerned and upset that Elisabeth is getting “EVERY THING WET”. He is TOO, TOO cute.
5. My Dad: There has never been a day that I have not known that my dad cares for me. His heart is so big. He is an incredible person and I thank God for him.
6. My husband: If he is willing to get in an extra small kiddie rollercoaster (see yesterday’s post), he is one dedicated dad! (We had no idea those little cars were that small.) I am very thankful for my husband. He loves and plays with intensity.
7. Laughter: I spent some time just laughing with my kids last night. Laughter is priceless.
8. Kids in the Kitchen: The boys and I made cookies yesterday. I think we will be cooking and baking together a lot this summer.
9. Family Fun: This past weekend our little town had its big event: The Strawberry Festival. We took the kids to the parade and then visited the Carnival later in the day. It was a lo t of fun for all of us. The kids will probably be talking about it for a long time. (Stop by the family blog tomorrow for some pictures!)
10. Jonathan’s teacher: School ends tomorrow for my 1st grader. I am thankful for the teacher he had this year. She had interesting projects and useful lessons. The homework was productive work and just the right amount. She made learning fun this year and for that I am extremely thankful. (Jonathan says she is moving to a 2nd grade classroom next year and he is hoping to have her again!)
11. A year of Thankful Thursdays: So, randomly I decided to look back a year (a year ago on my blog) and I discovered that on June 14, 2007, I wrote my 1st Thursday Thanks Tank. I am thankful for my Thankful Thursdays and how they have encouraged me (to look on the bright side) and made me more aware of all that I am blessed with. I am thankful that I ended up on Without Fear where I found my inspiration for this Thankful exercise (Thanks Pam!). (I am also thankful for all of the ladies of Thankful Thursdays. It is always exciting to see so many people participate there!)
Have a wonderful Thursday and take time to be thankful!