Thursday, June 19, 2008
Thankful Thursday #44
Here are my thankful thoughts this morning:
1. Slow mornings: I am thankful for slow mornings when I get to drink my coffee and finish it without heating in the microwave.
2. Allergy medicine: I am thankful for the medicine that helps me combat the serious pollen in the air.
3. Facebook: I am a new facebook friend. I am thankful for it because I have reconnected with some old friends. It is fun to see what college friends are up to and be able to chat with friends that are not in my same town. (Hey friend, sign up for a facebook account and let me know you are on there. I’d love it! [There- there’s a commercial for you.])
4. Reading Program at the Library: I took the kids to the Library reading program (started yesterday). It was a blast! They had a bee keeper visit with bees in tow. The boys loved it. (Catch the reading bug—go to your library! [Another commercial])
5. 24 Hour Wal-mart: I was at Wal-mart late last night. It was because of poor planning. As I was shopping, I decided I was thankful for the 24 hour convenience. (Since my hubby works for a competitor, I can't commercial this one... Spend your money at Target!)
6. Slip N Slide Weather: It was warm enough to get out the slip n’ slide this week. We hit the high 70’s! It is a far cry from the summer temps I long for but it was a JOY to see my kids playing in the water.
7. Funny Faces: I just asked my 4 year old what he is thankful for and that was his answer. I am thankful for his sweet face and the funny face he just made. I am thankful for laughter.
8. Being Refreshed: I went to bed with a bad attitude and woke up with a good one. Sleep is amazing…and coffee is wonderful.
9. Growth: I am growing in ways I cannot explain in this little post. I am being challenged financially, emotionally, and spiritually. I am learning. I am thankful for making progress toward goals.
Take time to be thankful today! Nothing is too small to appreciate.