Friday, March 14, 2008
A Full Thursday Thanks Tank
I spent time yesterday jotting down my thankful list on a pad of paper. I grabbed one of the many pads that we keep on the refrigerator and wrote down a few thoughts as I had a few moments. I never managed to make time for the computer, though. So, here I am a day late sharing my thankful thoughts. I hope you enjoy it and I really hope it inspires you to take a few moments to be thankful.
My thankful thoughts:
1. McDonalds Playland Joy: For the first time since long before Elisabeth was born, I took the kids to McDonalds and instead of swinging through the drive-thru we went inside. I am thankful for the that joy they get when they get to play there. How fun it was to see their joy-filled faces. They truly had a blast! Elisabeth fell asleep in her carseat and I pulled out a book and read while the kids played. That was joy for Momma!
2. "Bye Bye Pee": This came out of my 2 year old's mouth yesterday after flushing the toliet and I couldn't be more happy. Thomas is suddenly (started on Saturday) interested and excited about peeing in the potty. Before this week he would always say with enthusiasm, "NO, I pee in my diaper!"
3. Successful Shoe Shopping (with 4 kids in tow): I was feeling extremely brave yesterday (with this and the McDonalds trip). I took all the kids to a local shoe store while I tried on shoes. I had to have some shoes by this weekend and I wanted to go to the local shoe store that is only open until 5 on weekdays. I found some shoes!
4. David's haircut was scream free: David hates to have his haircut. He informed me yesterday right before went to the Barber shop. I already knew it, of course. His haircut was scream-free...not tear free but scream-free, which is wonderful progress!
5. Rainy sleepy days: We are having rain here (no big surprise for the area). I was surprised yesterday when all 3 boys slept until 8 a.m. (oh ya, Jonathan is out of school Wed-Fri for school conferences). I was able to get a shower AND drink a cup of coffee well before they woke up.
6. Elisabeth's Baby Talk: She is babbling a lot more these days. I love it!
7. Hubby is Home: Now, I am not a wimp when it comes to parenting alone. I don't think I need to explain that one. HOWEVER, single parenting with the 3 boys and baby girl last week was exhausting. I am happy, happy, happy to have Seth home!
I am sure you can imagine that after haircuts (for 2 out of the 3 boys), shoe shopping, McDonalds, and all of the little things that made up the rest of my day, I was so exhausted I pretty much crashed last night. It was a good day... always nice when plans work out well.