Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday Thanks Tank #14


Today I had some trouble writing my list. I was tempted to forgo the Thursday Thanks Tank exercise and I realized that I must need it more than ever. I am pressing on…cultivating that grateful heart. Here are my thankful thoughts for this day.

1. You: Each and everyone one of you that read my blog. I always smile when a friend says they read something on my blog. I blog because it is fun and I sure appreciate you reading my thoughts. I appreciate your friendship.
2. Calling a dear Friend: I am not the best at phone time. I made time this week to call a dear friend of mine that I haven’t seen in years. The time was so refreshing! I am thankful that I made time for the call. (And, I need to do that more often.)
3. Children playing well together: Every mom knows this needs no explanation. I had a nice afternoon where the boys played well together.
4. Healthcare: It is so wonderful to find good doctors and dentists. I had to have some dental work done this week. I am thankful that I found a very caring and Christian dentist.
5. Sunshine and 70’s: We have had beautiful weather this week. I love the warmth of the sun when the temperatures are pleasant. It is so refreshing.
6. Music: Music can be soothing, refreshing, and uplifting. It has blessed me several times this week. It was especially calming to be sitting in the dentist’s chair listening to the local Christian radio station.
7. Honesty: It is incredible to have a friend with whom you can share your heart. It is amazing to be able to be real and share struggles and be honest with each other without hesitation.

I am thankful for so much more than this.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for not forgoing. I so enjoy your Thursday Thank Tank. Its a great reminder to - Give thanks without ceasing. In ALL cirumstances.

Pam said...

So proud of you for pressing on this week. I know how hard it can be some times, too. God continually blesses me and changes my perspective when I focus on Him.

This list touched my heart. I struggled with mine this week too.

Unknown said...

I am very glad that you wrote your Thursday Thanks Tank as well. I check your blog so often now and enjoy it so much. :) And I thank God for you daily.