Thursday, September 06, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #11
I began my day thinking about this post and concentrating on being thankful. Now it is pretty late but I wanted to share a few items from the list I made this morning. I was fortunate to have an opportunity to journal this morning about being thankful. I'd encourage you to do that--make a list of what you are thankful for-- even if it is just a mental note.
Here are a few things I am thankful for today:
1. The Psalms: Even when I don’t feel thankful, the Psalms have a way of putting everything into perspective. (Psalms 56:10 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens, your faithfulness reaches to the skies.)
2. Kindness: Kind people are so refreshing. It doesn't matter if it is from a stranger or a good friend, kindness is uplifting.
3. Unsolicited Gratitude from my Children: Whenever my kids offer a compliment without being encouraged to do so, my heart feels quite happy.
4. Teachers: It amazes me how much work teachers put in just to prepare to teach. I am thankful for Jonathan's teacher.
5. Back to School Shopping: I am thankful I had the opportunity to take Jonathan out shopping because it allowed us some valuable one on one mom son time. It was obvious he appreciated it and I really enjoyed seeing him shine from getting my attention.
6. Kicks, Aches and Pains: This sweet child of mine moves all the time! She is very busy growing, kicking and moving. I am really not sure what she is doing in my womb... wow, it is wearing on my body! But, I am very, very thankful to feel her moving.
7. Email: I have had several friends email me lately. I am so thankful for the ease of email. (Bear with me, I will email you back. I have just become slow at email lately.)
8. Bubble Baths: No explanation necessary.