Thursday, June 28, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #3
What I am thankful for Today:
1. Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice: I am thankful for my little girl- the one that is constantly kicking in my womb. I truly love feeling her move. It is the sweetest part of pregnancy.
2. My husband: He is working so hard to determine our future. He left today for an out of town job interview. I am thankful for his prayerful heart and for his love of our family.
3. Pregnancy: This sounds like #1 but really its not. I am thankful for a new pregnancy that I just found out about last night. I am so excited for my friend!! I am so thrilled about this pregnancy that has been prayed for and desired for some time! I cannot stop smiling about it.
4. Benedryl, Allergy Visine but no ingested peanuts: I am thankful that David recovered well after his peanut contact. I have had to work on my attitude regarding his allergy but in light of what could have happened, I am so thankful that David did not get any peanut butter in his mouth (see No More Booster Seats for David) and that we have been able to keep him safe.
5. Mentors: I have had the most wonderful mentor mom for the last 3 years in MOPS. We were able to get together last night for dinner and the dinner out was a blessing. I always feel so encouraged by her. Our MOPS relationship has ended-- she went back to work full time and I am stepping out of leadership to have a baby (or maybe move, whichever comes first)—but what I have learned from her will continue to bless me always.
6. Understanding: My boys and I had a last minute invite to a friend’s house yesterday and before we left it was clear my youngest had pink eye and my 2nd child didn’t make it to the potty and peed from the carpet to the kitchen floor. It was not the best mom moment. I was given so much grace. I felt terrible that we left such a mark- and possibly spread conjunctivitis- but my friend was so loving and understanding. That’s the understanding love of a friend!