Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday Thanks Tank #176

When my mind is clouded with concern,
When I ache for those that are hurting,
When I wish I could erase the pain,
When I wish I could close the distance,
When I long for direction to intercede,
When I wait for closure that hasn't come,
When my heart hurts for those I love,

It is hard to focus on thankful thoughts.

Still,
I am thankful.

I am thankful for the life that continues, the strength of mind not to give up, and the love that we have.

More than anything I wish I could make a situation right but I can't.
So, I pray.
And, I am thankful for the one listening to my prayers.
The prayers go up quietly as the tears fall down.
It isn't pretty
...but it's all together beautiful.

I am thankful.
Despite it all.

I am thankful.
Loving all.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Praying with you.

Love this:

"It isn't pretty
...but it's all together beautiful."

So much of life is like that. Thanks for being real and for being thankful in the midst of difficulty.

Missy said...

Beautiful and transparent thoughts JA. Praying for you.

Beth E. said...

Prayers for you, friend! Your post says it all.

Hugs...