Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday Thanks Tank #175


Each Thursday I try to make a list of my thankful thoughts. Sometimes I jot it down on paper, sometimes I share that list here, and other times I just highlight one or two things that I am thankful for. This is my Thursday Thanks Tank.

I am thankful for:

Nature: I am thankful for the beauty of this earth. My corner of the earth got snow this week. It's just breathtaking looking at the rolling hills and mountains covered in snow.

Heartfelt Messages from My Kids: My kids each gave me handmade Valentine's. The valentine's are precious. I treasure them. I am touched by how much effort they put in their love notes/pictures.

Date Night: My husband and I went on a date last Saturday night. It was perfect. We went to a local restaurant that served amazing food in a cozy, romantic atmosphere.

Puzzles: My boys and I have been working on a puzzle all week. It's set up on a card table in the kitchen. Sometimes we gather around and work on it together. Other times one or two of us will stop by and fit a few pieces. It's a simple joy and ordinary togetherness but I love it.

My son's teacher: My peanut allergic son's teacher did not let the kids open their valentine's at school. I appreciate it. She also didn't allow him to have a cookie that a classmate brought in as a surprise. My son was not affected negatively by not getting a cookie. He barely mentioned it after I quizzed him on the day's Valentine activities. On the other hand, I am extremely thankful for everything his teacher does to keep him safe.

A warm fire and a good book: I started this list an hour or so ago. I walked away from the computer for a bit, only to get distracted by a book. I sat on the couch reading my book by the fire until I began to fall asleep.

Now I am going to go on to bed, thankful that I managed to make myself post this thankful list. Take time to be thankful. It will be time well-spent.

There is not a more pleasing exercise of the mind than gratitude. It is accompanied with such an inward satisfaction that the duty is sufficiently rewarded by the performance. ~Joseph Addison

No comments: