Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Sweet Bacon Chicken

I've set a goal for myself to try at least 2 new recipes a week. Some of the new meals are mouth-watering good and some are just solid. I'm expanding my recipe base and enjoying cooking new things. That works for me!


Last week, we tried out this recipe for bacon wrapped chicken and it did not disappoint us. Not only did its taste delight us, but the aroma that filled the kitchen was marvelous.

Sweet Bacon Chicken

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup orange juice
1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
8 slices of bacon, halved crosswise
1 cup packed light brown sugar

1. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, orange juice, and garlic. Add the chicken to the bowl and toss to coat well with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.

2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and grease a wire cooling rack or coat with cooking spray. Place the wrack on the baking sheet.

3. Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting any excess drip off. Wrap a bacon slice around each piece of thigh. Secure the bacon with a toothpick.

4. Crumble the brown sugar into a bowl. Dip each bacon-wrapped thigh into the sugar, taking care to coat evenly. Place the chicken on the prepared rack. Bake, turning once, until the bacon is crisp and the chicken is cooked through - about 30 minutes.

I served this with creamy grits with sweet corn, homemade biscuits and sweet tea.



Recipe Source: Paula Deen

6 comments:

Cinderella said...

oh yum, oh yum, oh yum. I am going to try that with chicken breasts! Heaven:)

Samantha @ Lillian McKay Designs said...

Oh i love anything with bacon!! Yum!!

Margo said...

Looks delicious!

Katie@Time 2 Eat Yall said...

Love it! They say everything is better with bacon right?! Grits, Sweet Corn, Biscuits and Sweet Tea! It's been forever since I had a good ole glass of sweet tea!

The Single Nester said...

This looks delicious. I love all the ingredients.

Create With Joy said...

YUM!

Thanks for visiting me at Create With Joy! If you would like to share your recipes and creative inspirations with us, please join me for Inspire Me Monday! I also host Friendship Friday - this weekend we're sharing our blogging goals - stop by and join the fun!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com