Thursday, February 02, 2012

Thursday Thanks Tank #173


Each Thursday I try to make a list of my thankful thoughts. Sometimes I jot it down on paper, sometimes I share that list here, and other times I just highlight one or two things that I am thankful for. This is my Thursday Thanks Tank.

I am thankful for:

1. Nature. I keep filling up the bird bath for the birds. They are fun to watch.

2. Imagination. My daughter and I have been playing with Fisher Price Little People a lot this week. There's nothing quite like letting a four year old lead the imaginative play.

3. Making a good purchase on Craig's List.

4. Asking for Boxtops on Craig's List and having someone give us 60 Boxtops.

5. Chocolate milk. A delightful treat.

6. Children mend quickly. My 6 year old had stitches last week. They were taken out yesterday. He's a trooper.

7. Getting caught up on emails and phone calls. I'd been playing phone tag with two people for over a week and I finally connected with them both. I also made time to answer a few emails. It feels good to make time for important things.

8. Quality Kitchen Time. Hmph, couldn't figure out exactly how to label this one. The weekend nights were spent cooking with my husband. We love to cook together. I also tried out 4 new main dish recipes this week, plus homemade croutons.

I had more that I was going to write but I started this list much earlier in the day and then got interrupted. The rest of the day was full of little bits of normalcy -kitchen cleaning, kid refereeing, answering kid questions, helping with homework, hugs and kisses. It was a good day. I am thankful for the daily grind. And now, I am going to grab my book and read for a while - a great way to end a good day.

No comments: