Monday, July 18, 2011

I am home

I am sitting at a table for 4 in a furnished apartment. We need to get 2 more chairs. I've had breakfast. I had toast with some jam that my neighbor from home sent with me. The jam was delicious. It couldn't help but feel nostalgic as I ate it. I am waiting for my daughter to wake up. I am not sure what we will do today. My husband had to go back to work. He had a wonderful week off from work to help us move. We are moved but we are not settled. We are at home in our little apartment. We have a relatively small amount of our stuff. In some ways, it is nice. I recognize we own way more than we truly need. At times, it is annoying. I need this or that and I don't have it. I am thankful for our provisions. I am thankful for the generic coffee cups and the toaster that burnt the first round of toast because I am not used to its settings. The kids are happy. Oh sure, they've been exhausted at times and expressed their fatigue in the most childish ways. We don't have a normal right now. But, they are amazingly content in our new place. The well-anticipated move has happened. We still have to find our house but we are together as a family of 6. That is satisfying to all of us. Cliches irritate me. I don't want to be cliche - ever. But this morning I find myself soaking up the reality of the old saying, "Home is where the heart is." I am home. It's a good place to be.

6 comments:

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

So glad you are all together again!

sharon said...

aww! There's no place like home!

Mimi said...

I'm so happy that you've gotten a start on this new chapter in your life.

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Carmom said...

I am so happy that you all are together once again and in one place. I will be praying that you all find a house that you all love very soon!

RLR said...

The kids and I went to my mom's for a week (hubs was on call, so working about 18 hours a day), and while we were there I couldn't help but think of, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." I missed my husband SO MUCH! And it made me think about you, and I realized how I was pretty darn fortunate to be able to *choose* to go away for a week. Just a week.
So glad that you have found home again.

Pam said...

So wonderful to know you're home with all your loves around you! Praying for the settling to come easy and uneventfully.

Praying for the house search to yield exactly what God has for you in His timing.