Where O' Where did my week go?? I cannot believe that Friday is already coming to an end. I had a great week. I was thankful for so many things. It is hard for me to think about the week because it went by so quickly. I was touched by a couple of emails I received by friends saying they missed my Thanks Tank. My Thursday was the busiest day of the week. I had a lunch appt, guests arrive in the afternoon, swimming lessons, and a evening soccer game. At the end of the day I had just enough energy for about 20 minutes of something. Instead of blogging, I chose to talk my hubby.
If I had written about what I was thankful for, my thankful list would have included things like:
1. My crockpot. This was especially useful on Thursday. (I had that wonderful Cranberry Chicken recipe that I posted months ago.)
2. Sinus medicine. Man, I had a sinus headache off and on for about 2 days this week. The sinus medicine was the only thing that kept me going.
3. Soccer. I love the sport of soccer. It is such a wonderful sport for kids, too. Everyone can participate. I love watching Jonathan play soccer. The boy loves it and plays hard.
4. Visiting Parents. My parents arrived on Thursday for a visit. It is so special to have them come out and spend time with us. I am very thankful that they can travel to come see us.
5. My Haircut. I got a haircut last Friday and I LIKED it. Every woman understands how huge this is. Granted, since moving in August I have only had my hair cut twice before this week. I wasn't too excited either time. This time I was happy with the haircut and really enjoyed talking to the lady that cut it.
6. Drive-thru coffee. This is sort of a confession. I didn't think I would admit this publicly (my husband will be so proud). I tried a local coffee drive-thru (not Starbucks because there isn't one here) and I liked it. I liked it a lot, actually. I am pretty thankful for my good drive-thru coffee experience.
7. Hospitality. As I was getting ready for my parents visit, I had a change of heart of sorts. I realized or recognized that my focus was off. We had so many things that we wanted to get done around our house that my husband suggested I make a priority to do list. When I did that, I put Hospitality at the top of my list. That changed my perspective entirely. For a change, I felt like I was totally focused on my guests and being ready for them. I am thankful for my heart tuning into what hospitality is all about.
Alright, if I don't stop here I might not get my Friday Photos posted before Friday is over!
I hope everyone has had a wonderful week.