Thursday, April 03, 2008
Thursday Thanks Tank #34
Its Thursday night already and I cannot believe it. I think I have finally finished unpacking from our Easter/Spring Break trip to WA. I emptied my suitcase today. What a relief to be done with the unpacking and laundry. Last Thursday seems like a lifetime away now. I wish that wasn’t true because I had so much fun visiting our friends in WA. Anyway, I am really thankful for my visit to WA… so let me start my Thanks Tank list with that.
I am thankful for these things (and many more):
1. Our trip to WA: It was refreshing! I laughed hard. I relaxed. I managed some girl time. I played the Wii. I had Starbucks coffee often. It was wonderful!
2. Spring weather: It has been so nice yesterday and today. The temp even got to the mid 60s! I enjoyed last week’s WA Spring snow but I am even more thankful for Spring Sun.
3. Forgiveness: I am thankful for forgiveness. It is humbling to need to be forgiven. In a real way, I found that asking for forgiveness and getting forgiven is very uplifting.
4. Compliments: Getting a sincere compliment is so wonderful! Tonight (without prompting) my oldest child complimented my dinner. It was quite an outstanding compliment (and if you know him, the quote says it all). He said, “Momma, thank you for dinner. This meal is better than video games.”
5. Family Dinners: Our dinner times are not quiet. Our kids all talk at once and they get frustrated when we have trouble listening to them all at the same time. It is difficult for my hubby and I to get in any meaningful converstaion. Still, there is something that I love about sitting around our table together. I guess that’s it- I love the togetherness of our family dinners.
6. This Week’s Wednesday Words comments: Thanks to you, Carmen and Kim- I really appreciated what both of you had to say. I needed your words.
7. My baby girl: Honestly, I am thankful for ALL of my children. However, I am really enjoying having a baby in the house and I often look at her with amazement. There were so many different stressors I had with each of my other children (1st child-new parent, 2nd child-born premature and needed physical therapy, 3rd child- born 6 months before hubby deployed to Iraq). I don’t feel stressed with Elsie and it is just such a blessing!
This list is shorter than I want it to be but I promised myself I would get to bed before 11 p.m. tonight (we are out of coffee!). So, I have shared what I am thankful for… what about you?