Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Wednesday Words



"It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?"
Henry David Thoreau

Here's why I am thinking about this today: I am constantly working on my time management. I am always busy doing something. Many nights, like last night, I get to the end of the night and I think, 'I still have so much to do and I didn't get to relax." These words from Thoreau remind me to be aware of where my time goes. Being busy isn't enough for me. I am going to try to spend my time wisely so that at the end of today I will be satisfied with my day.

2 comments:

Carmom said...

Here's a possible helpful hint. Instead of thinking about what you didn't get accomplished, think about and make a listof all the things you did accomplish. Include playing wiht your kids, kissing boo boo, reading a book, a load of laundry, etc. You will then see all the things you do each day. Our work is never done so it is sometimes better to see our accomplishments.

Kimberly said...

I absolutely love carmom's comment. I think that it is so important to be able to "see" your accomplishments at the end of a day because as stay at home mom's our work is never, ever finished. As soon as the laundry baskets and dishwashers are empty they are getting filled up again. Floors need sweeping and vacuuming as soon as someone walks on them after they've been swept or vacuumed. Bathrooms only stay clean for a very short time before someone has dribbled on the floor, left toothpaste spit in the sink or tub rings in the bathtub. A mothers job is NEVER done. So look for the positive! Your kids won't ever thank you for cleaning the bathroom or washing their clothes but they will thank you for spending time with them!