Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Little Things

Last night my daughter argued with my husband about whether or not he would be married to me forever. She wants to marry her Daddy.

In the middle of the night one of my sons crawled into our bed. He was frightened after a terrible nightmare. We tucked him in his bed but his apprehension didn't subside quickly. My husband went to his room, snuggled and told him about the magical powers in his room (like his blanket that makes him invisible when he is covered up).

This morning, my son quickly grabbed his lunch box off of the counter, knocking off our sugar bowl. The floor was a mess of sugar and bits of china. My son's face was covered in despair with tears filling his eyes. I hugged him and held him tight, while explaining that accidents happen.

This afternoon I printed 4 copies of AYSO forms. My youngest is now old enough to play soccer. I a m not sure how that happened. It sure will be exciting getting each of the kids to their four different team practices and games. It will be insanity, I'm sure.

My days (and nights) are full of the little things. Little meaningful moments that have the power to amuse, comfort, and challenge. Little moments that may mean a lot to someone but may pass without a second thought.

My desire is to be full of grace and faith in the little things.


And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:17




2 comments:

momstheword said...

Beautiful post! These "little things" are precious memories that you're making and funny ones too!

My oldest is graduating college this weekend and I don't know where the time went. Both my boys are in college now. Seems like just yesterday they were babies......

sharon said...

One of my favorite posts. I will try to see the little things today in a new light.