Friday, May 18, 2012

Swimming


My momma is important to me and although Mother's Day has come and gone, I want to write a bit about why I love her.

I am thankful for my mom.
She taught me not to give up on anything. Never quit. Work hard for what you want. Treasure what you love.
I treasure my mom. She is everything to me- motivation, encouragement, entertainment and even frustration. I love her without reserve.
I want to be like her and I want to learn from her.
I am thankful that she has never given up on me.
I am thankful for her good looks, which she passed on to me.
I am thankful for her commitment to family.
I am thankful that she loves college football. I am super-duper thankful that she let me go to the University of Alabama when her heart belongs to the University of Tennessee.
She shows me what it looks like to care deeply: demonstrating love, concern and worry. She taught me the importance of prayer when worries abound.
She taught me to say "please" and "thank you," "yes ma'am" and "no ma'm" and "ya'll."
She believes in commitment.
She makes me laugh. She remembers everything - conversations since 1982 - but she cannot recall how to login to her phone voice mail.
My mom is inspirational. She has just recently become an avid bike rider. She loves to hike.
I am thankful for my mom's laugh.
I am thankful for my mom's hand in my dad's.
My mom is a swim instructor. She's been teaching for over 50 years.
She teaches people the skills they need to move through water.

She taught me how to swim, not sink~ and to live fully.





My mom is invaluable to me.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

What a wonderful tribute to someone who is obviously so precious to you!

Foursons said...

Your mom sounds wonderful. What an honor to have her in your life.