Each Thursday I try to make a list of my thankful thoughts. Sometimes I jot it down on paper, sometimes I share that list here, and other times I just highlight one or two things that I am thankful for. This is my Thursday Thanks Tank.
1. The Gym: I joined a gym this week. I'm thrilled. They have a kids room. My daughter loves going. I mean, it's hard to get her to leave. I am thankful for my new gym membership.
2. Halloween individual sized candies: Ironic that I said that after I mentioned the gym? Probably a little bit telling. But, I love the little sized candies. They are perfect for lunch box treats and momma treats.
3. Quick homemade meals: We had Mr. Food's Sloppy Joes tonight. It's one of my kids' favorite recipes. It's quick and tasty.
4. Craig's List: I mentioned a few weeks ago that we scored our patio furniture off of Craig's List. This week, we sold our nursery furniture on Craig's List. I wasn't the least bit sad, either.
5. The Library: I love the library system where I live. There are so many branches and they are all connected. I've been to two of the branches more than once and I like them both for different reasons.
6. A Good Book: If you want a short based on a true story read, I'd recommend, "In the Sea There are Crocodiles" by Fabio Geda. I haven't stopped thinking about it since I finished it. It's a story about an Afghanistan boy, beginning when he's 10. The boy went through so much... it's made me think about how many people in the world are struggling to survive. Not to mention, it's made me imagine a boy the age of my son going through what he went through. It's a short but powerful book.
7. Soccer: It's challenging to get everyone where they need to be at the right time... but we are having a lot of fun this season.
I imagine I could share more thankful thoughts if I weren't so tired at the moment.
Take time to be thankful- you will be better off for it!