Thursday, June 02, 2011

It's a Mushy Love (TTT#156)

When we talk about moving, we talk about the exciting things to come. I sit at the table with the kids and talk about what our new location will be like.

There's a drive-in theater in the new town. It will be super cool to sit in the back of the truck to watch movies.

My second son is most excited that he won't have ride his bike in the rain as much as he does here.

We talk about going to the lake. I try to explain (without pictures, even though the computer is steps away) the massive size of Lake Tahoe.

There is AYSO soccer in Nevada. The season will be drier, no doubt.

The kids wonder about trips to the pool, going camping, and size and number of rooms that will be in our next house.

These conversations are fun. We focus on the fun.

Every single time that we talk about the move, we talk about our family. We are looking forward to being all together. Somethings will be easier. Everything will be more fun.

Not very long ago, a friend told me that most couples wouldn't be able to handle the situation that we've been in this last year. I am not sure if that's true. I am sure that most couples wouldn't chose it. What I do know is this, I am thankful for the strength of our family unit. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for the love between us all. While this seems sort of mushy (in an aw shucks sort of way), it is what I am most thankful for right now.

This is my Thursday Thanks Tank.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I am so happy that your family is excited about the move. I know for our family your move is bittersweet. We are happy that you will be a complete family again but we will all miss you terribly. Landon keeps talking about how he will miss and worry about David. Although eh's happy that it's close enough that we can visit from time to time.