Monday, June 28, 2010

Moving!!

The organizing is coming along. We took a load of unusable stuff to the dump on Saturday. Change is in the air. My kids are saying goodbyes to friends.

We've moved many times. This moving stuff is hard.

Room by room, closet by closet, dresser by dresser, I am going through clothes and making piles of clothes that are not being worn. I am getting rid of clothes that are too small or not used.

I am cleaning out the kitchen. I put all of the plastic cups that we don't need in a box.

This morning, I even went through my jewelry box. I found broken necklace chains. I made a small pile of jewelry that I don't want to keep.

The hardest part is going to be the toys. We don't need all of the toys we have. I like thinking about how much space we will have once the toys are paired down.

Change is exciting. I am excited about all of the possibilities...

Oh wait, we aren't moving. We just know family after family that is moving. This week my kids are going to play with another friend that is moving. Let's see, 4 friends (from 2 separate families) moved last week. This week, another friend is moving. And, yep, all of these kids have parents that I will miss.

I am cleaning out. I am excited about the possibilities. I am even pretending that I am getting ready for a move. I never want to move with this much stuff again.

We've moved many times. This moving stuff is hard ~especially when we are the family left behind.

8 comments:

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh that is a bummer Jane Anne. That's got to be hard on your kids to have to say goodbye to their friends. Although good for you about cleaning out...I really need to do that. On the brighter side, you kids will have some really great penpals!

Foursons said...

Love deep cleaning and organizing, hate losing friends.

samantha said...

Such cute pictures on your last couple of posts! I'm finally catching up on blogs. Nothing is better than getting rid of tons of stuff!

Brandi said...

I need to clean like we're moving... I've got so much to do around here. Sorry the kiddos had to say goodbye to friends. That's always hard. Why are so many moving?

aerotatt said...

I went through quite the range of emotions reading this post, from shock, to anger(why didn't you tell me?) to wanting to call, then i got it together and read the full post. Don't scare me like that.

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh girl...I have been there. So sorry that the friends are moving.
I need to be purging around my house. WE want to move in the next year & I for sure do not want to move all this stuff.

More Than Words said...

Moving is hard! Saying goodbye is harder than the packing.

cbogie said...

Since I'm part of one of those moving families, I feel I need to comment. I want to thank you for having my boy over on Monday - that was such a help! And he was a great helper on moving day(s)!

I feel like I'd been so stressed and focused on the tasks at hand that I had put aside the emotion of it all. I'm now realizing how I will miss the friends I've made over the years. And it's not like we're so far away, but it does take more planning to see y'all!