Thursday, May 06, 2010

Thursday Thanks Tank #127



Every week I take time to appreciate my blessings. Each Thursday I make a list. This is my Thursday Thanks Tank. The list looks different from week to week -sometimes I write lists on paper, sometimes I make a mental list throughout my day, and sometimes I make a list as I write a post for this blog. No matter how I write it out, my Thursday Thanks Tanks are a glimpse into my thankful heart.

This week I am thankful for teachers.

I am thankful for the teacher that gave my son extra attention when he was learning to read. I am thankful for her Title 1 program that took him from a struggling reader to reader with a passion for books. I am thankful for her dedication and encouragement.

I am thankful for my son's 1st and 2nd grade teacher (he had the same teacher both years). I credit her and the Title 1 teacher for my son's love of reading. I am thankful for her dedication. This year, even though he isn't in her class, she brings my son books to read just because she thinks he will enjoy them. I am thankful for how much she cares.

I am thankful for my son's current teacher and the way she encourages his confidence. She has lots of different kids in her class. I have seen her give extra encouragement to my son. I know she wants the best for the students.

I am thankful for the many teachers and staff members that have done extra work to protect my son with a severe food allergy. They have made him and me feel comfortable.

I am thankful for the aide that expresses concerns to me about keeping my son safe. I trust her and appreciate how seriously she takes my son's allergy.

I am thankful for my son's teacher that put extra safety precautions in place to make sure my son will not have an allergic reaction in her classroom.

I am thankful for my son's teacher for the extra care she gives each student. She is doing a summer program for the outgoing kindergartners just because she wants them to continue to excel.

I am thankful for my son's preschool teacher. I don't even know where to start. She was the first teacher my peanut allergic son had. She helped me transition to the school years. This year, she took my youngest son from not wanting to go to school to loving every minute of it. She inspires little ones.

I am thankful for the numerous teachers at the elementary school that support the parent teacher group (our PTO). This year I have had the privilege of leading the PTO and I have been blessed time and time again by teachers and staff members that give extra time to the school. I have also been constantly encouraged by the staff and teachers.

I don't know how teachers do all that they do. The teachers that I know are amazing. I thank God for the teachers at my kids' elementary school and preschool. They go above and beyond what's expected.

For all of the teachers out there, I am thanking God for you today.

5 comments:

Macey said...

This is a beautiful post and so true!
I couldn't say it any better.

Foursons said...

My son has had such great teachers since Pre-K. I am so thankful for them too.

He & Me + 3 said...

Being a former teacher...I am so thankful for all of my kids teachers and the effort they give each day to keep my kids safe and to educate and grow their young minds.

Avery's Mommy said...

God bless them! What would we do without them!

McCrakensx4 said...

What a nice post and a beautiful tribute! thanks so much for the nice comments too!