Thursday, May 22, 2008
Thursday Thanks Tank #40
I read something today that encouraged me to seek wisdom. I decided to spend time reading in Proverbs. I read and prayed through Proberbs 22 (choosen simply because today is the 22nd). My Thanks Tank today is based on my time in Proverbs 22.
Today I am thankful for the following:
1. I am thankful that the Lord is the Maker of us all. I was reminded of this during the week. No matter how different we are or how diverse our struggles are, we were all made by one God and He loves us all. (verse 2)
2. I am thankful for the way that my parents raised me. (verse 6)
3. I am thankful for my desire to be debt free. (verse 7)
4. I am thankful for the reminder to have gracious speech. (verse 11)
5. I am thankful that God is all knowing AND all powerful (verse 12)
6. I am thankful for wisdom, for my intelligence, for my desire to learn, and for my ability to trust. (verse 17-19)
7. I am thankful for what I have been given, for my home, for my husband's job, for the work I do daily. (verses 26-27)
8. I am thankful for my skills, my talents, and my passions. (verse 29)
Let me encourage you to be thankful today and to spend some time reading the Bible. You will be happy that you did.