Thursday, November 08, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #19
Today I am thankful for:
1. Prayer: I was reminded this week that I used to be a worrier. I was asked what changed. The conversation about how prayer changed my life was an awesome reminder of how I am thankful for prayer. It keeps me from being focused on the negative and it helps me tremendously when I am stressed.
2. Laughter: Last night I had some comic relief. It was therapeutic. I am thankful for how laughter is refreshing. Oh, and I am also thankful for the laughter of children. There is nothing like tickling your kids and listening to them laugh!
3. Individuality: I have been reminded the last few days that we are all created different with different likes and dislikes, with different temperaments, and with different personalities. It shows how unique each person is and it has been a challenging reminder that though I am unique, I am not always right.
4. Quiet: I had the chance to have the house to myself today. That is such a rare treat! I love a quiet house. (And with anticipating a little newborn cry, this quiet is even more sacred!)
5. Sunshine: My mom is visiting and she has been very aware of the gray clouds this week. I think I have adapted to the NW weather because I don’t focus on the clouds too much. However, because the weather has affected my mom each day, the sunshine today seems extra nice and uplifting.
6. Play-dough: I love how play-dough can entertain overtired preschoolers when nothing else can.