I have a Thankful heart for little and big things. Here are just a few of the things I am thankful for today:
1. A good night’s sleep: Last night I went to be at 9:30! This is quite an accomplishment for me. I got 9 hours of sleep. It was fantastic and very needed. I feel much better today than I have for many, many days.
2. A nice cool breeze: The breeze is really nice to have on moving day.
3. Friends: I cannot stop feeling thankful for my friends. One day soon I will blog more in depth about some special ways my friends have blessed me. Right now I am very thankful for my friends who are always offering their help. I don’t even have to ask these friends – they offer before I ask. Thank you Kim and Michele for watching the boys during the moving days. I appreciate it SO much! And, thank you to my other friends who offered help if I need it. I know I could call and have more help in an instant.
4. Our Church: I cannot put into words how thankful I have been for our church here in WA. I am sad to leave it. I am thankful for the people there. I am thankful that my 3 year old has been asking all week about church (sometimes several times a day). We have missed church a bunch lately due to traveling back East and getting ready to move. I keep hearing, “Hey momma, wwwwwheeeen are we going to go to church?” I am thankful for that question coming from my sweet 3 year old.
5. My House: I am thankful for the new house we are buying. However, this morning I was thinking about how thankful I am for this house that I am leaving. When we were offered the place, my husband had just found out he had orders to go to Iraq and my youngest was a month or so old. I remember thinking, ‘Why would I want to move with a 2 month old?’ I am so thankful for this house. We had so much more space and it has been a wonderful place to be for the last 2 years. I am thankful that our friend let us rent it and has been extremely accommodating these last few months as we were job hunting and getting ready to leave.
6. My husband: He has been working so hard. I am so thankful for him and everything he is doing. I am thankful for his love, his patience, his diligence with his new job and the move. (We are almost there, honey!)