Thursday, July 18, 2013

Such a mess~ Thursday Thanks Tank #198




It's Thursday. Where did the week go? This summer has been flying by...I cannot believe there are only 3 weeks of summer break left. I am very thankful for summer break. I've enjoyed time at the water park, running, chauffeuring my son to and from soccer camp, having neighborhood kids over, going camping, chauffeuring my kids to and from swim lessons, having the whole family at VBS -working and participating, late evenings, slow mornings, eating outside on the patio and more... tonight we are headed to the drive-in movies. I love summer. I am thankful for the relaxed schedule and my messy house. My house is so incredibly messy right now because I have been taking more time off than normal to have fun with the family. The living room is a spread of toys. The kids are in the middle of it right now. We were going to clean the toys up today but we decided -after very little deliberation- it could stay until tomorrow. I am behind, so behind,  on cleaning clutter piles, doing the laundry, cleaning the floors... okay, I'm not even going to keep thinking about all of the things I am behind on. The mess- this current mess- is just a sign that my time has been filled with more important activities. Oh, I do find it hard to relax in the mess... but somehow -much to my amazement- I've manage to keep up with the important and let go of what can be put aside. It is summer and I am enjoying it as much as I can. The mess can wait. I anticipate another night when my husband and I call the kids to "come quick" because we hear the ice cream truck. I look forward to the next night of talking to my husband as we sit on our front porch swing. It will get dark as we talk. The kids will be running around outside in their bare feet that are so dirty they look black. They will be up later much than they should. And, it will be wonderful.
I love summer.

I am thankful for summer break.

No comments: