Each Thursday I try to make a list of my thankful thoughts. Sometimes I jot it down on paper, sometimes I share that list here, and other times I just highlight one or two things that I am thankful for. This is my Thursday Thanks Tank.
I am thankful for:
- Coffee in the morning
- Losing a few pounds
- My husband's hug and kiss before he leaves for work
- Cute things my daughter says, like "Awesome is way better than cute."
- Board games
- School projects (and watching the kids work hard to accomplish the work)
- Tasty new dinner recipe (4 out 6 stars, and the 2 people that didn't love it thought it was good)
- Neighborhood kids hanging out at our house (it seems our basketball goal is popular)
- Marking off items on the To Do List
- Silence (those rare moments when the house is peacefully quiet)
- Playful noise (the sound of the kids playing together nicely)
- Bubbles. Yesterday we played with bubbles outside. Right now, my 4 year old has the sink full of delightful sudsy bubbles and she is washing a few dirty tupperware dishes.
- Daily one-on-one time with my kids. Each afternoon, I spend time with my kids one-on-one. We talk about the "high point" and "low point" of the school day. This week I've played a quick board game with them. We all love it. It is precious time.
- New lights. We have new lights in our bedroom.
- Tickle bugs. (You never know when those critters are about to strike!)
That's all of the time I have this afternoon to share my thankfulness...
Take time to be thankful. It's time well-spent.