Sunday, February 06, 2011

Help me be real

Sitting close to the back, it was easy to watch the people in the room. They were wonderful people. They were all there because they desired to serve, to love, to belong or to worship.

She couldn't figure out what she was doing there. Nothing about the place felt right. Her heart was breaking in to little pieces. The little pieces were breaking into smaller pieces.

A few people asked how she was doing. "I'm okay." "Making it through." The answers came out smoothly but felt forced.

It was weird to be with loving people and not seem to be in the right place.

What would happen if she could break down the walls? Would it be sweet to be open or devastating to her spirit?

It took almost all the energy she had to come. She was depleted when she left.

~
There are people everywhere that are hurting. I don't know what others are going through. Lord, help me see the needs of others. Help me be real.

6 comments:

sharon said...

I'm praying for you.

Mimi said...

It's such a struggle to break down those walls. I have no clever words for you, but I am praying for you.

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Jane Anne said...

Oh, thank you for the prayers. Please pray, especially, that I will be more aware of those around me.

Jane Anne said...

More aware of and open to those I know.

Beth E. said...

Praying, Jane Anne!

More Than Words said...

Praying for discernment..