Thursday, February 18, 2010
Thursday Thanks Tank #120
Earlier today I wrote down a list of thankful thoughts (on paper no less). Now, I am just beginning to feel the effects of the Nyquil I took about 20 minutes ago and there is no way I am getting up to get that paper. If you ask me tomorrow, I am sure I will say I am thankful for Nyquil...or I hope that's what I say.
Here's my list of thankful thoughts (please pardon me, I have a feeling my clogged head will affect my ability to put together eloquent sentences... or maybe that isn't something I usually do anyway...)
1. Fresh flowers: I bought my favorite flowers last night. (You get 10 points if you know which flowers are my favorite flowers.)
2. Weekend Away: Ah, last weekend was incredible. I love getting away. It was refreshing and exciting. Did you hear what I did for Valentine's Day? My husband is still talking about it.
3. Medicine: There's the Nyquil (I really have high hopes this is going to help my clogged headachy head) and there's the medicine we got yesterday for my son's asthma. He's having a terrible time. It just keeps getting worse and worse. We got an additional medicine (pills) to try on top of the nebulizer treatments in an effort to kick his asthma cough into next year (or not, because I don't want it to come back). (Pray for him, will you?)
4. Donations: I have been soliciting donations for a school basket raffle. Oh my goodness, it's work. It's also pretty exciting when businesses donate to the school.
5. Good Conversation: This goes along with #2. I had a fantastic time hanging out with my friends this past weekend. I enjoyed everything but there is nothing like a good talk with a girlfriend.
6. Sunshine: Today was gorgeous. The sunny weather made me smile.
7. Honesty: It's hard but it's right. I'm thinking about when others are honest with me. Sometimes I don't like hearing what they have to say but I appreciate honesty so much more than flattery.
Take time to be thankful. You will be better off for it.