Sunday, February 14, 2010

On Target: Shot by Cupid

Love changes people. Love changed me.



I remember debating the use of guns with a friend. I believed in peace. I abhorred violence. Guns symbolized everything evil violence to me.


I ended up falling in love and marrying a man that was going into the military.

I supported him. I encouraged him. I understood his job.

My husband has been out of the Army for a little over 2 years now.


We celebrated Valentine's Day a day early. We went out to dinner with friends. Before that, we went to a shooting range.

I went for him. I never dreaded going but I wasn't excited about it either.

I held a gun. I pulled the trigger. Unlike the time when I went to the simulator at the Army base, this gun contained real bullets.

I had no idea that I would have fun. I had a blast (pun intended). I did not imagine the happiness it would bring my husband to see me enjoying myself at the shooting range.

Love tries new things.

We laughed. We listened. We surprised each other.

I could not have imagined how much we would enjoy doing something new together.

Who knew love could grow at the shooting range?

I am thankful for my man and for our fun Valentine's date.


Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

You are loved.

11 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

Oh wow, my hubby would love that. Maybe I should give it a try? Glad you had fun and the pics are so cute!

He & Me + 3 said...

Jane Anne,

You are too cute in that last picture and what a fun night to spend together.
Have a very Happy Valentine's Day too!

Foursons said...

Ha, that's hilarious! Shooting guns IS fun!

Seth said...

Janey's Got a Gun!!! hahahahahahaha!

Beth E. said...

My husband wants me to do this...maybe I'll give it a try!

aerotatt said...

last pic looks a little dangerous. I think you should be watching where the business end of the gun is pointing.
By the way, there is a place in Eugene that advertises you can shoot a real tommy gun, maybe we should go double date :)

Missy said...

How awesome! Isn't it amazing the things we enjoy once we just give them a shot?

I love the goggles and earmuffs. =)

McCrakensx4 said...

I have never held a gun, but what an intersting date! Love the last pic of you...so cute...great smile!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Such a cute picture of the two of you. And that last picture of you is fantastic. How do you make those ear muffs look so cute??
I did this with my husband too. It wasn't as bad as I thought. We'll be married 10 years this July and I've yet to take a ride on his Harley though. Motorcycles scare me (memories of an ATV accident at 16 plays a nice roll in that fear). Maybe I'll have to give it a try this summer.

cbogie said...

I wanna go do that! Kevin needs to take me to the one in town! We could double!

Trisha said...

sounds very familiar. :)

you look too cute holding that thing!

glad you had fun.