Monday, July 09, 2007

Oregon Bound

Some of you have guessed this already (and yes, this is the answer to my State Research post). We are moving to Oregon. Seth is taking a fantastic job with Target (on the distribution side of the company). We are thrilled about the job and the opportunities that go along with it. We are embracing the new adventure of Oregon. I will admit that it was not my first choice of a new location. I am concentrating on the blessing of a great job and a family unit that will not be interrupted by deployments or remote assignments. Please pray for us as we make the transition. Seth could tell you (and might readily) that I have been quite emotional lately. I am attributing some of it to my pregnancy and some of it to how much I had it in my head that we would either be staying put or moving to the SE. We visited Oregon this last weekend. It was a good visit, despite our sick-of-being-stuck-in-the-car, arguing children. It was a nice state, despite finding out that I was told incorrectly that there are Cracker Barrel restaurants there. Again, keep us in your prayers as we have much to do in the coming months. And, by all means, pass on any good info about Oregon!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'll give you some good info about Oregon. It's the state right underneath Washington, the state in which, WE THE McCOYS (and many other friends), reside. I LOVE car trips and once lived in a town that was over two hours away from the mall. We went to town once a week. If I can drive over two hours once a week to get to the nearest mall, you better believe I can drive three and half hours once a month to see my dear friend and adorable kids. Once you've settled into life with that new baby I'll expect some return visits. But that's not too much to ask is it?

Anonymous said...

Cameron is from Oregon, so it's not all bad! We love visiting and not paying sales tax :) When is the move?
~LaMonica

Anonymous said...

I don't know what Cracker Barrel restaurant is but I do know that when we lived near Portland, I loved all the restaurants. They have a good variety so you don't get bored. I remember when we were looking for a house down there before we moved, there ended up being a Starbucks right across the street from our apartment. When I saw that, I felt like I could make it. I know you will agree Jane Anne that one of your favorite coffee places being nearby will help your comfort so I will pray that there is one close by to wherever you land down there.
2. The Oregon coast(which as you probably know) is WONDERFUL and beautiful, is only about 1.5 hours away. 3. Tim and I and Lauren visited a really prtyy State park near Salem with gorgeous waterfalls( we will find out the name of it). 4. You don't have to pump your own gas anymore. 5. NO sales tax. 6. There is a great outlet mall near Salem. 7. Oregon has lots of great city parks with playgrounds. That is something I remember well, is all the cool parks. 8. The Portland zoo is awesome.
- Heather

leigh ann said...

Oregon stinks. West Coast stinks. I wanted you home! :(

I'm happy for you and Seth that you know what's going to happen in the near future. I had just gotten my hopes up that you would be moving back. One day, friend!

(There are lots of Targets here, ya know?);)

Anonymous said...

I have to say.... if for some crazy reason it wasn't an option to live in Colorado anymore, Oregon would be my first choice. Josh and I have often talked about how Oregon has all the things we love about Colorado, but it ALSO has affordable land and houses, and ocean.

Kristen