Monday, June 09, 2014

Movin' On

Today my husband was a little over 2, 800 miles away looking at houses. It was both surreal and extremely real. We are moving in less than 4 weeks. I am not sure that I am ready. Well, no, I am not ready. I am sure of that.

Today my third son asked me how long we would live in Florida. I readily and honestly answered, I'm not sure. He doesn't care. He likes to move, he says. My oldest often wants to know the same thing but it is because he hopes not to live in Florida for long.

My third son prayed tonight that we would get the house that we want but if we didn't get it, we'd get a house that we like even better.

The house I currently live in was owned by a lady for 25+ years. She had a really hard time moving. She recently sold the house (and the new owner is renting to us until the summer) and she had the hardest time letting go. I can honestly say that I don't understand having an attachment to a house.

We should find out tomorrow if we get the house "we want."
I have only seen this house online and in pictures my husband has sent me. It occurred to me tonight that some people (wives in particular)  would never be willing to move this way.

This move will be an adventure. All moves are.

There are things that I am looking forward to and things that I am really, really going to miss.
And so it begins again. We're movin' on. There are regrets. There are triumphs. This place that we are leaving is going to be hard to leave.

I guess these are some random thoughts about our impending move.

1 comment:

Jess64 said...

How exciting for you and your family. Hope you find the right house ASAP.