Monday, March 10, 2014

No blindfolds

I read this tonight-
When you are a believer — and you stop counting blessings?
It’s like blindfolding yourself and wondering why everything’s black.

Simple words. Such truth.

I cannot be who I am to be without appreciating who I am already and what I have been given. Too often, I just get wrapped up in the pain of life. I hurt constantly for those who hurt. It's an affliction. It's a gift.

It's the season of Lent. My heart is full of longing.
I am stretching myself.
It is good.

It's been too long.

I've only been participating in the Lenten observance for a few years. It's a great discipline for me. My heart is broken and longing and needy. It's a good place to be before celebrating Easter.

I am so far from where I want to be. Simply recognizing that- that is a great thing.
I am not going through each day full of the world. I was. It's easy to do. I am not blindfolded.
The light of the world. That's what we are called to be.
I want to shine.
Love shines.

No comments: